Members of the Library Advisory Board are appointed by the Mayor and City Council who also provide a Councilor as a library liaison. Board members serve in an advisory capacity for the Council, City Manager and Library Director, reviewing library policies & procedures, participating in strategic planning for funding, services and facilities, and acting as intermediaries between the community, their library and the Council. Members strive to be accessible and responsive to community interests.
The Board reports to the Council bi-annually regarding operation of the library and its use by the public. Members serve without compensation and must be residents of Springfield. Terms are four years, and may be renewed once. Meetings are held once a month (except December) and are open to the public.
Library Advisory Board Members
- Susan Bogenschild – Voting Member
- Myra Breen – Voting Member
- Heather Huerta – Voting Member and Chair
- Ralene Linneman – Voting Member
- Robyn Louden – Voting Member
- Linda Mears – Voting Member
- Angela Miceli – Voting Member
- Carolyn Rebbert – Voting Member and Vice Chair
- Rebekah Weed – Voting Member
- Sean VanGordon – City Council Liaison
- Emily David – Library Liaison. 541-726-2235
Learn more about the board members