Volunteers are vital to the success of our community. Ongoing or one-time opportunities with the City of Springfield can accommodate individuals, families, groups, businesses and people of all ages and abilities.
We believe that:
- Our community is strengthened by individuals who act on their commitment to help others.
- Volunteering improves citizens’ accessibility to government.
- Service is an effective strategy for solving problems.
- Opportunities for all, foster a sense of community where everyone is valued and welcomed.
- Volunteers strengthen our community, increase government effectiveness and create benefits for citizens, including being more informed, engaged, and feeling valued and appreciated.
Click the link below to view and apply for current volunteer opportunities.
Need more information?
Please contact the volunteer coordinators to the right with any questions or if you want to volunteer to do something that is not currently advertised. You can also complete the volunteer application below which captures your interests and we will contact you when volunteer opportunities that match your interests and skills are available.
Visit the Volunteer Information Center (VIC) to sign up for volunteer opportunities, update your profile and log service hours.