Volunteers are vital to the success of our community. Ongoing or one-time opportunities with the City of Springfield can accommodate individuals, families, groups, businesses and people of all ages and abilities.
We believe that:
- Our community is strengthened by individuals who act on their commitment to help others.
- Volunteering improves citizens’ accessibility to government.
- Service is an effective strategy for solving problems.
- Opportunities for all, foster a sense of community where everyone is valued and welcomed.
- Volunteers strengthen our community, increase government effectiveness and create benefits for citizens, including being more informed, engaged, and feeling valued and appreciated.
Click the link below to view and apply for current volunteer opportunities.
Need more information?
Please contact the volunteer coordinators to the right with any questions or if you want to volunteer to do something that is not currently advertised. You can also complete the volunteer application below which captures your interests and we will contact you when volunteer opportunities that match your interests and skills are available.
City Manager’s Office
Allyson Pulido 541-726.3700
Erin Frey 541.736.1031
Carrie Schindele-Cupples 541.726.2237
Development and Public Works
Nancy Jenkins 541.726.3670
Ken Vogeney 541.736.1026
Justice Center (Police, Jail)
Wendy Polen 541.726.3729
Allie Sederlin 541.726.3748