City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
||225 Fifth St., Springfield, OR 97477
||To assist the City of Springfield and the Springfield Police Department in staffing events and activities they put on and participate in.
Description of Duties
- Participate in community-focused, department-sponsored special events and activities including National Night Out, Springfield Police Department Open House, Safety Fairs, and other City of Springfield and Springfield Police Department events.
- Help staff department outreach tables, distribute literature, and answer questions.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive e-mail from home, or receive and send telephone calls.
- Ability to function well as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently with limited close supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High motivation and enthusiasm for supporting the City of Springfield and the Springfield Police Department.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions.
- Willingness to ask questions and seek clarification if unsure of task.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move items up to 35 pounds
- Kneeling and bending
- Standing and/or sitting in a relatively fixed position for an extended period of time.
Training and Assignment Preparation
- Orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator and onsite training with the Event Coordinator.
- Business casual or supplied uniform.
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
Download Time Card Event Check-in in PDF format
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or email@example.com