City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Information Kiosk Desk - City Hall
||KarLynn Akins Volunteer Coordinator
||225 Fifth St., Springfield, OR 97477
||Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
||One 4.5-hour shift/week, 6-month commitment preferred
||Provide information and assistance to citizens visiting City Hall
Description of Duties:
- Greet and direct the public to departments within City Hall.
- Answer the general City Hall information line. Direct calls to each department; accurately provide information to the Citizens of Springfield.
- Work one-on-one with citizens.
- Develop or work on special projects as needed.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive email from home.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively listen and communicate with customers, co-workers and employees, over the phone and in person.
- Basic level of computer knowledge/experience.
- Willingness to conform to quality control of work and accept feedback.
- Willingness to communicate with co-workers and managers to seek clarification when questions arise or task is unclear.
- Positive and supportive attitude with people of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Commitment to comply with confidentiality requirements.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Sedentary; able to sit for long periods of time.
Training and Assignment Preparation
- Onsite training is provided.
- Business casual or supplied uniform.
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or firstname.lastname@example.org