City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Animal Control Office - Office Assistant
||Animal Control Officer
– 230 Fourth St., Springfield, OR 97477
||Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
||(THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FILLED, BUT APPLICATIONS WILL BE KEPT ON FILE)
||(Place objective here)
Description of Duties
- Provide support for the Animal Control Officer by maintaining office duties while officer is working in the field.
- Enter vital animal and owner information into the Animal Control Dog Licensing Database.
- Process financial turnovers and licensing.
- Return phone messages.
- General writing, editing and typing.
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks including mailings, basic research, etc.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive e-mail from home.
- Interest in animal welfare.
- Skills in listening and communicating.
- Research and writing skills.
- Basic to intermediate level of computer knowledge/experience.
- Keyboarding/data entry experience.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Work with financial applications.
- Willingness to conform to quality control of work and accept feedback.
- Positive and supportive attitude with people of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Positive commitment to comply with confidentiality requirements and police policies.
- Comfortable working within a police environment which sometimes involves people-related emergencies and crisis conflict management.
- Sedentary; able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to lift, carry, and move items up to 10 pounds.
- Kneeling and bending.
Training and Assignment Preparation
- Orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator and onsite training with the Animal Control Officer.
- Business casual or supplied uniform.
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or firstname.lastname@example.org