City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
||225 Fifth St., Springfield, OR 97477
||Monday through Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
||Minimum commitment – One four-hour shift/week for six months of service
||To assist the department with a variety of clerical support duties
Description of Duties
- Organizing, copying, filing of confidential reports.
- Entering data and other computer work as needed.
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks including mailings, etc.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive e-mail from home.
- Capacity to put documents in numerical and/or alphabetical order.
- Basic to intermediate level of computer knowledge/experience.
- Keyboarding/data entry experience.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions by paid staff.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to ask questions and seek clarification if unsure of task.
- Sedentary; able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to lift, carry, and move items up to 10 pounds.
- Kneeling and bending.
Training and Assignment Preparation
- Business casual or supplied uniform.
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or firstname.lastname@example.org