The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) is a five-year program that identifies
needs for construction of capital projects or improvements to the City’s
infrastructure. It identifies estimated costs and funding sources to demonstrate
a balanced funding and expenditure program.
The CIP is updated biennially according to the following schedule.
- October: CIP project review process starts
- October: Capital project requests go to public and City departments
- November/December: Publish internal draft of CIP
- November to January: Begin internal draft CIP review
- February: Planning Commission reviews draft CIP
- March: City Council work session review and public hearing on draft CIP
- April: Capital Budget presented to Budget Committee
Each update is created with input from the
public, advice from the Planning Commission and direction from the City Council.
It is reviewed at a public hearing in early spring and adopted by the City
Council. The adopted CIP then becomes the basis for the annual capital
budget. Project ideas that were submitted for the CIP - fiscal years 2016 - 2020 - have been incorporated, where appropriate, into the plan.
Public input is an important first step in creating the annual update to the CIP. Do you
have a suggestion? Possibly you would like to see an improvement to your neighborhood. Or, maybe you have an idea for an improvement to another area within the City. If so,
we'd like to hear about it! Please share your ideas with us by completing the Capital Improvement Program Request Form and submitting it to the address provided on the form.
We are currently seeking suggestions for the CIP update for fiscal years 2018 - 2022. Suggestions for this update must be received by January 4, 2017. However, project ideas may
be submitted at any time for possible incorporation into future Capital Improvement