City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Office of the Chief and Office Assistant
||Departmental Assistant – Wendy Polen
Police Department – 230 Fourth St., Springfield, OR 97477
||Four hour shifts Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
||Minimum commitment is two four-hour shifts/week for six months of service
||To assist the Office of the Chief and the Chief’s Departmental Assistant with a variety of clerical support duties.
Description of Duties
- Pick up and sort incoming and outgoing mail.
- Meet and escort Office of the Chief’s guests.
- Update and manage the Department Directives database.
- Update and manage the Office of the Chief Public Brief distribution list.
- Organize and maintain supply area in Office of the Chief and Operations Support.
- File approved Procurement Card Authorization forms.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive email from home.
- Skills in listening and communicating.
- Basic to intermediate level of computer knowledge/experience.
- Keyboarding experience.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness to conform to quality control of work and accept feedback.
- Positive and supportive attitude with people of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Commitment to comply with confidentiality requirements and police policies
- Comfortable working within a police environment which sometimes involves people-related emergencies and crisis conflict management.
- Ability to lift, carry and move items up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for periods of time.
Training and Assignment Preparation
- Orientation with Volunteer Coordinator and onsite training with supervisor.
- Business casual or supplied uniform.
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or email@example.com