City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
||Springfield Public Library; 225 5th Street; Springfield, Oregon 97477
||Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||Minimum of 4 hours per month
||Prepare library materials for circulation.
Description of Duties
- Have some knowledge and understanding of basic filing rules.
- Accurately shelves books and other library materials in their appropriate position.
- Checks surrounding area while shelving to identify areas where materials are out of order.
- Re-sets loose bookends, straightens books that have slipped, and keeps shelves looking neat and tidy.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive email from home.
- Ability to put library materials in alphabetical and Dewey Decimal order.
- Understanding and respect for the importance of accurate shelving.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
- High degree of accuracy needed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to take direction and assignments from paid library staff.
- Willingness to ask questions and seek clarification if unsure of task.
- Willing to accept feedback.
- Positive attitude with people from all backgrounds and abilities.
- Kneeling, bending, reaching over head.
- Able to lift, move, carry, push or pull objects.
- Able to walk and stand.
Training and Assignment Preparation
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or email@example.com