City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Library Reference Helper
||Springfield Public Library; 225 5th Street; Springfield, Oregon 97477
||Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||Minimum of 4 hours per month
||Prepare library materials for circulation.
Description of Duties
- Keeps the public computer stations supplied with paper and pencils.
- Cleans the public computers.
- Helps prepare withdrawn materials for recycling.
- Helps prepare materials for programs.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive email from home.
- Understanding and respect for the importance of accurate materials handling.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
- High degree of accuracy needed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to take direction and assignments from paid library staff.
- Willingness to ask questions and seek clarification if unsure of task.
- Willing to accept feedback.
- Positive attitude with people from all backgrounds and abilities.
- Kneeling, bending, reaching over head.
- Able to lift, move, carry, push or pull objects.
- Able to walk and stand.
Training and Assignment Preparation
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or email@example.com