City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Information Kiosk Desk - Justice Center
||KarLynn Akins Volunteer Coordinator
||Justice Center – 230 Fourth St., Springfield, OR 97477
||Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m
||One 4.5-hour shift/week, 6-month commitment preferred
||Provide information and assistance to citizens visiting the Justice Center
Description of Duties
- Greet and direct the public to departments within the Justice Center.
- Assist with Animal Control licensing.
- Work one-on-one with citizens.
- Escort contractors, deliveries and or the public within the Justice Center.
- Develop or work on special projects as needed.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive e-mail from home.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively listen and communicate with customers, co-workers and employees, over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to conform to quality control of work and accept feedback.
- Willingness to work within a Police Department environment. Supportive of the Springfield Police Department and comfortable working within a police environment which sometimes involves people-related emergencies and crisis conflict management.
- Positive and supportive attitude with people of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Commitment to comply with confidentiality requirements.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Sedentary; ability to sit for long periods of time.
Training and Assignment Preparation
- Onsite training is provided.
- Business casual or supplied uniform.
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or firstname.lastname@example.org