City of Springfield
225 Fifth Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477
Ph: (541)726-3705 Fax: (541)726-4614
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
||KarLynn Atkins Volunteer Coordinator
||225 Fifth St., Springfield, OR 97477
Minimum commitment is one photography session (special event, internal event) per month.
||To professionally and artistically capture the many facets of the City of Springfield and Springfield Police Department, its employees, volunteers and the community that we serve. We are looking for photographs that can serve as archives for historical purposes as well as those that can be displayed and utilized for advertising, promotional and public displays.
Description of Duties
- Work with the many departments and events within the City of Springfield.
- Photograph trainings, special events and community relation opportunities.
- Other opportunities as they arise or as volunteer interest directs.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to send and receive e-mail from home.
- Advanced skills in photography as well as photo editing.
- Knowledge or ability to learn Adobe photo editing software, along with the benefits of different file types.
- Ability to take direction and respect the chain of command during highly sensitive and complex incidents in the field.
- Ability to be compassionate and discreet when photographing citizens.
- Skills in listening and communicating.
- Positive and supportive attitude with people of all backgrounds and abilities.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel.
Training and Assignment Description
- Orientation with the Volunteer Coordinator and onsite training (if necessary.)
- Business casual or supplied uniform.
Open one of the links below and fill out the form:
General Volunteer Application
Interest Inquiry Application
For additional information, contact KarLynn Akins, Volunteer Coordinator City of Springfield
(541) 726-4652 or firstname.lastname@example.org