The Development and Public Works (DPW) Department is organized into five divisions:
- Community Development: looks at the long-term future of the community and how we might grow. Manager, Tom Boyatt
- Current Development: oversees changes to property inside the City or the Urban Growth Boundary around it. Manager, Greg Mott
- Environmental Services: protects Springfield's water resources by managing a stormwater program and partnering in the regional wastewater program. Manager, Matt Stouder
- Operations: keeps the City's systems- streets (including traffic signals), wastewater, stormwater- running smoothly. Manager, Brian Conlon
- Technical Services: responsible for all GIS/Spatial data, land surveying and the associated mapping products and services. Acting Manager, Chris Moorhead
2015 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Request for Proposals is now open. Deadline is May 7, 2015.