The Development and Public Works (DPW) Department is organized into five divisions:
- Community Development: looks at the long-term future of the community and how we might grow. Manager, Tom Boyatt
- Current Development: oversees changes to property inside the City or the Urban Growth Boundary around it. Manager, Greg Mott
- Environmental Services: protects Springfield's water resources by managing a stormwater program and partnering in the regional wastewater program. Manager, Matt Stouder
- Operations: keeps the City's systems- streets (including traffic signals), wastewater, stormwater- running smoothly. Manager, Brian Conlon
- Technical Services: responsible for all GIS/Spatial data, land surveying and the associated mapping products and services. Manager, Brandt Melick
City of Springfield Annexation Survey
The City Council wants to know how residents who live between the city limits and the city’s urban growth boundary feel about annexation to the city. A short survey will be sent to property owners within six identified unincorporated areas. The survey will be sent to the six areas in the order listed on the map over a 20 week period from July 7, 2014 through November 30, 2014. The purpose of the survey is to identify the reasons that influence people to make the decisions they do regarding annexation. In addition to the survey, property owners will be mailed a letter and fact sheet to help answer questions.
The six areas were created solely for ease of identification in the survey and not to indicate any historical or current neighborhood identify or association. Each area will be contacted separately and the property owners within each area will be asked to complete the survey. Once the survey has been completed later this fall the Council will discuss the results during a work session. Based on these survey results the Council may decide to adjust existing policies and fees if those appear to be the major reasons people have chosen not to annex, or they may take no action if the majority of responses indicate a preference to preserve their existing residential status.
If you have any questions about this project please contact Greg Mott, Current Development Manager, at 541-726-3774 email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Loralyn Spiro, Communications Coordinator, at 541-726-2233 email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in this project.